tirsdag 19. mai 2009

I just saw a movie I liked

I have never really been a big fan of the whole Star Trek thing, but I might just become one. After watching the latest Star Trek movie last night I just got an urge to see the rest of them. I must admit that I haven't watched any of the old movies or any episodes of the TV-series -and I am starting to sense that I am missing out....

Oh well - back to the movie. Why not use my former journalist skills (if I ever had any) and give you all a short review (that is if anyone is still reading).

First of all the movie is directed by J.J. Abrams - the guy that created Lost and Cloverfield. That might not be a good thing some of you might say, well I beg to differ. Neither Lost nor Cloverfield may be sensational, but for me they are both great fun. And so is the latest Star Trek flick. A surprisingly well casted movie with the likes of Zachary Quinto (Sylar in Heroes), Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz), Karl Urban (Lord of the Rings) and Eric Bana (Munich, Troy).

I will not bother you all with a lot of talk about the plot in the movie - I am sure there are lots of well articulated plot summaries out on the web - but I would like to say that the movie has managed to hit the spot right on in regards to making a movie with enough references to the old movies along with enough action, up to date special effects and one-liners to capture the interest of people like me.

Off I go - ordering Star Trek on play.com

1 kommentar: