torsdag 30. juli 2009

Time fly

Hmm...I am getting worse and worse at this blogging stuff...

So much has happened since last time I blogged and I'll try not to make this into a novel.

Last weekend was crazyness. Almost all the Norwegians at the entrepreneurship program went to Las Vegas for a weekend of fun. And even though I know that everything that happens in Vegas is supposed to stay in Vegas I'll try you guys a brief summary of the event. No pictures yet, but I'll try to find some decent ones and post later this week.

Seven of us left SFO on friday afternoon and amazingly, due to misunderstandings, we lost Peder at the airport. Kind of a bad omen for the weekend, but fortunately he got himself on the next plane and joined the rest of the crew some hours later.

I have a friend from high school in Minnesota, Chris, that works as a teacher in Vegas and another friend from Minnesota, Tyler, that flew down there as well. Tyler was there for one night only and Friday we went down to downtown Las Vegas. This is seperate from the more wll known strip and you can get a lot more for your money. I can truly recommend the penny slots at Le Bayou. As long as you play and tip you can pretty much get as many free drinks you can handle. In fewer words Norwegians and free alcohol is not always the best combination.

Later we went to two different night clubs, Rok and XS, and the latter was by far the most fun one. A huge club over at Wynn Encore that really rocked. Got a little tired towards the end and stumbled into bed at around 4.30ish.

I was as usual up way before the others on Saturday morning and, as the g33k I am, spent a couple of hours doing some schoolwork before Pål and I went to play poker. It was just a small 22-player $35 freeze out at the Luxor and I finished on the bubble (4th) but at least it was a couple of hours of great fun and I got unlucky at the end. Lost with full house against straight flush.

At around six most of the guys met to have dinner and we followed that up with a stretch hummer ride up and down the strip. The hummer ride ended at Ceasar's Palace where we clubbing at Pure. Somehow we got fooled doing table service, which pretty much means that you pay an amount up front to get in front of the line, get three bottles of liquer+mixers and get a VIP table. It seemed expensive to pay $150 to get into a club, but since you didn't spend much money after that the night was cheaper than the first one.

The coolest thing about Pure was the fact that DMX was hosting and did a full set of old classics. He might have been drunk or high, but it was an awesome concert at the whole club was bouncing. I was dead tired after the concert and went home early at around 3am still singing DMX songs....

Next morning was poker again, we did the same tournie, and I finished 3rd this time. At least I cashed and can brag about doing that in Vegas. This time I was a little lucky during the tournement and hit both four of a kind and straight flush along the way.

In total Vegas was a little expensive, but a whole lotta fun. I think most of the crew had lots and lots of fun, and so did I. The next couple of weeks will include a lot of schoolwork, the business plan we're doing is due august 12th....

Pictures will be posted later...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar