torsdag 9. juli 2009

Another week of work

So it's Wednesday and half the week is gone... so fast...

Last weekend was a blast. When I wrote my last post I didn't really have that much planned for the weekend, but it was a certainly an eventful one...

Friday the few of us that were left in Mountain View spent the evening pretending to be Bruno in the jacuzzi and scaring of both Ukrainians and Hawaiians. The evening was rounded up with about an hour at tiny bar downtown Mountain View that us Norwegians have named "the hole in the wall" - I don't think anybody really knows what it is called... And Ole doesn't really remember much at all...

On the 4th of July we, Fredrik, Kim Aage, Ole and I went to this crazy houseboat party organized at some local Norwegian fireman's place. It was pretty sweet to be able to stand on the roof of the boat watching the fireworks go of while there where thousands of people cramming together on the pier.... Kind of a surrealistic experience... I'll try to steal some pictures from the others to post... We were all kind of tired from fridays Mountain View adventures so the night didn't last that long - Ole drove us home sometime between 1 and 2 am.

Sunday was pretty uneventful with tennis during the day and a trip to the movie theater during the afternoon. We saw Public Enemies which turned out to be a pretty crappy movie, but at least Fredrik got to eat a large popcorn with extra butter. Some consolation for the total trashing he got in tennis I guess...

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week has been going fast. Work is really good at the moment and I am given a lot of responsebility. Finally I some of the fruits of all my boring research is showing and I am starting to get some grasp on the partnership/affiliation program Faculte is going to run.

It is also great news that Notodden finally got three points in the Norwegian 1. division and that they are clear of relegation again.

Manchester United have also signed their third player (unless you count youngsters) this week. Bordaux's 20-year old striker Gabriel Obertan is ready for the reds and hopefully he will be a great addition to the squad. My expectations for him this first season are not that high, but he is a great prospect and could hopefully be developed by Fergie into a future star.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar