mandag 17. august 2009

Another week gone by

And then came Monday...

So another weekend is over... not that many left now. On Thursday I will be leaving sunny California and go to even more sunny Hawaii. Funkyzeit!

I am no longer as exhausted as I were after the exam, but it was a long weekend.

Friday we went to a football game and saw the 49ers marginally beat the Broncos. It was fun, but a little bit cold. Fun to see a game live again, been a long time.

After coming back from the game I expected to get a good night sleep before getting up early to see the first couple of games from the EPL. But alas, someone decided to come sneaking in and waking us all at 2.30am. Thank you Kim Åge and Diep, it was much appreciated. That said, something good came out of it. I got most of my Berkeley exam paper done between 4am and 7am that morning. And I watched Wigan bean Aston Villa and Arsenals thrashing of poor Everton.

Saturday a bunch of us went in to town to see the Richard Avedon exhibit at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. It was interesting, but I actually enjoyed the Robert Frank photos they also displayed. After the exhibit we went out for a few drinks and sushi - I am getting really hooked on sushi. Went to a great place called Tsunami Sushi downtown. We might have been a little noisy, but it was all good. After dinner I was a little tired and took the train home while the others partied on. The cost of getting old :)

I just love that the Premier League is up and running again. A decent start for United. 1-0 over Birmingham is not that impressive, but compared to the start we had last season... Along with most of the other favorites, Chelsea/Arsenal/Manchester City, we got the first win. Arsenal was impressive, but pretty much scored on every chance. Chelsea got lucky with Drogbas pass going in.... and Liverpool lost away against Spurs. Najs!

Last night my room (Kim Åge, Dan Robert, Pål Bjarne and I) were invited to lasagne at one of the girls' room (Janicke, Heidi, Benedikte and Diep) and we now know that about 50% of all girls are bitter most of the time. The lasagna was awesome though. The night was finished off with us guys watching Rocky 4 on tele. Ivan Drago rocks!

Tune back next week for a hawaiian update!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar