torsdag 10. september 2009

A month worth of blogging

I barely remember writing a blogpost.. that is how long it's been. But I will try to capture the last month in the US in not too many words.

Last time I wrote, August 17., I was just a couple of away from going to Hawaii.

Hawaii is the kind of place that is really fun to visit once, but I don't really think I'll be going back there anytime soon. It is kind of like going to Rhodos, Cyprus or Mallorca. The weather was perfect and I did lots of fun stuff, but it did not really live of to the illusions created by movies. The food was good, but expensive.. like everything on Hawaii...

Enough whining, I did to do a couple of things I have always wanted to do. Skydiving and surfing. Skydiving was a pretty unreal experience, but I recommend everybody to try it once. A crazy feeling to jump out the open door of a plane. The 35 seconds of free fall was awesome, but it was over way to quickly. Surfing was also great fun and I did at least manage to get up on the board and catch a good bunch of waves (which was pretty easy considering the size of the board). All in all Hawaii was good relaxation and did get a little bit of a tan, even though I don't really have the patience to stay on the beach for hour after hour.

After Hawaii I spent the last weekend in San Francisco going to the Outside Lands Festival with David, Kim Joar, Per Kjetil and Anita. The festival was for me a big letdown. Beastie Boys was replaced with Tenacious D (who sucked) - what a joke! Pearl Jam was decent, Incubus was decent, Modest Mouse was decent and the only really good (or weird) concert I went to was MIA. A strange display of weird dancing and bad singing, but fun.

At the moment I am in Northfield, Minnesota after a visit with my american family in Duluth last week. i got to see the whole family again and it was good times. First time I've seen little Braeden and the little bugger is huge.

I am staying at Tyler's house and are looking forward to a couple of days with a really american small town festival, Defeat of Jesse James Days.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar